Tuesday, July 24, 2018

An Assessment:

The goal is to complete Personal Progress by the end of 2019. even if I were starting from scratch it would be doable, so not starting from scratch should help in getting it done even sooner! 

There are eight values, and with the exception of Virtue each one has three required experiences and three elective experiences, and one ten hour (required) project. The project can be your choice, as long as it's okay'd by a leader or parent. For Virtue there are four required experiences and the project is to read the Book of Mormon. 

One of the great things about this program is that you can tailor the experiences that are there to fit you better, or you have the option of coming up with two of your own for the elective options. These do need to be talked over and approved by a parent or a leader, but there are very few things that will be shot down. 

The eight values, and accompanying colors, are: 
Faith (white)
Divine Nature (blue)
Individual Worth (red)
Knowledge (green)
Choice and Accountability (orange)
Good Works (yellow)
Integrity (purple)
Virtue (gold)

So, I'm not starting from scratch- but I don't have a whole lot done either. This post was a great way for me to go through the experiences and see what I really do have done and what I have left to do. Here is all that I have marked off: 

Faith: #1, 4, 6 and this blog is my project

Some of the guidelines given are to finish the required experiences first, then move on the the elective, then the project- clearly I haven't done that with Faith but when I focus on the next value I want to see if focusing on the required first makes the process more smooth. 

Divine Nature: #1,3

And, what I think is pretty cool news: I HAVE COMPLETED VIRTUE! 

I mean, Virtue is one of the easier values. It's a lot of reading, which I love to do anyways, and even the project is reading the Book of Mormon which I enjoyed focusing on and reading again. It's so exciting to have one whole value completed, and I can't wait to come back and say that I completed another.  

Wish me luck as I continue on this journey! I am excited to keep progressing and completing this program

No comments: